Friday, February 13, 2015

Faux Metal Canvas

Before I begin with my project I would like to congratulate Joan von Metzinger, the winner of the prize draw for the Imagine If Summer/Beach products.  Joan I look forward to seeing how you incorporate these products into your projects.  Have fun.

For my design team project this week for Imagine If I have been playing with some product that I ordered from Jo and combined with some chipboard pieces I have made a small 6"x6" faux metal canvas. I love playing with texture and for me the chipboard just lends itself so well to this kind of project. 







To begin I glued tissue paper to the front and sides of the canvas.  I then used one of Jo's stencils to add texture to the canvas using texture paste through the stencil.





I then painted the canvas with black gesso.

I then chose some chipboard pieces from Jo's extensive range of chipboard products.




A arrow from the Arrow with words pack
A key from the Keys Set
A piece of fence from the Fencepost
A piece of Chicken wire
A birdcage from the Birdcages set
A frame from the Rectangle Frame set
An owl, a set of mushrooms and rushes, a star and a butterfly

I glued each of these to the canvas painting them black as I was gluing them down.




Once the glue and the gesso had dried I painted the whole canvas with Viva Ferro Gold paint.  This gives a metallic effect to the piece.  Then to try and give it a patina I drybrushed the canvas with Viva Ink Gold Turquoise and Viva Ink Gold Cobalt Blue.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much to You and imagine if for my wonderful prize pack... It's so exciting when you win🎉😃 I so love this canvas the touch of turquoise is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete